There is a thin line between really cool and “oh my god, did that just really happen?” After finding the number 1 video on this list the other day, I decided to go hunting for some other weird/cool/bizarre/awesome Disney cover songs. Let the madness begin…
10. From SaJ Production comes this cover of “Part Of Your World” from The Little Mermaid. If Ariel were an alcoholic… This is what “Enchanted” should have been.
9. Here’s a good reason for teenagers to not have access to video equipment. Death metal growling of a Disney medley using… wait for it…. Guitar Hero guitars.
8. Here’s a cover of “Under The Sea” from The Little Mermaid by a band called Doping Panda. It’s apparently from an import comp CD called Moshpit On Disney…. I NEED a copy. This is good weird.
7. Ok, this is the terrible Hillary Duff version of “The Tiki Room”. What gets me is the video with all the completely unrelated and unexplainable footage of Rupert Grint and Emma Watson on the set of the Harry Potter films. I’m stumped.
6. I discovered there’s a ton of ukelele players out there and they seem to like Disney songs. I found this video of a dude in sunglasses and camisole (?) doing “Jolly Holiday” from Mary Poppins particularly disturbing.
5. Yep, more uke… I love people that go against the grain. And this dude in the Motorhead shirt and fully tatted arms playing a uke with a picture of a teddy bear in the background actually does a pretty great version of “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” from The Aristocats.
4. “Heigh Ho” from Snow White seems to be a pretty popular song to cover. But I think this super creepy ass version from Tom Waits in 1988 takes the cake. It sounds like a mine shaft disaster.
Nick Cave – Hi Diddle Dee Dee and Heigh-Ho – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ZfFO92rj8
Los Lobos – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JkOzlFZUt0
Dirty Heigh Ho – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCjiZqrZC0
The Vandals – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDAVsE42xk8
3. Ok, this is a fairly straight forward version of “Kiss The Girl” from The Little Mermaid, but apparently the dude thought it was a Katy Perry song. Nothing like a little soft lesbian anime porn to go along with your Disney songs.
Rufus – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3lj_M6uVDE
3. Ok, no embedding on this one, but LL Cool J’s version “Who’s Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf” is worth an extra click. My favorite lyric? “Number 1 was very gay. He built his house with hay.”
Barbara Steisand – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3SmmKtR8Bw
2. Zip A Dee Doo Dah also seems to be a popular cover. And Ric Ocasek’s atonal wobble of a voice is a perfect match for this cheeseball Cars style video. No embedding on this one either. 🙁
Jackson 5 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzQ_8rrIzMg
The Rationals – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gerMU8iDk2A (Rockinest version ever!)
The Mummies – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-MDUDdsL0
1. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present Gene Simmons of KISS doing “When You Wish Upon A Star”. Please God, let there be a Gene Simmons/William Shatner duet out there somewhere.
Have you found other weird or cool Disney covers I missed? Link them in the comments below…
Other Blogs On This Subject
Roadside Attraction VIP Collection of our best
music, comedy, videos, and more free!